Happy Birthday to Elivs. In honor of his birthday, take 25% off our Elvis design.
To all our bird lover friends – We are offering 25% on all bird canvas designs today only in honor of National Bird Day. Choose from our wide selection including scarlet tanagers, scarlet finch, red headed buntings, hummingbirds, parrots, peacocks, herons, pelicans, swans, bluebirds, mallards, owls, roosters, flamingos, rufus-bellied Niltava, silver-eared Mesia, Pacific swallows, yellow-throated Laughingthrush, peregrine falcons, hens, doves, toucans, owls, seagulls, and eagles. Check it out; there’s something for everyone.
Excerpt from www.nationalbirdday.com
Why National Bird Day?
- The beauty, songs, and flight of birds have long been sources of human inspiration.
- Today, nearly 12 percent of the world’s 9,800 bird species may face extinction within the next century, including nearly one-third of the world’s 330 parrot species.
- Birds are sentinel species whose plight serves as barometer of ecosystem health and alert system for detecting global environmental ills.
- Many of the world’s parrots and songbirds are threatened with extinction due to pressures from the illegal pet trade, disease, and habitat loss.
- Public awareness and education about the physical and behavioral needs of birds can go far in improving the welfare of the millions of birds kept in captivity.
- The survival and well-being of the world’s birds depends upon public education and support for conservation.
Will you just look at that gorgeous tefillin bag! It is simply delicious to behold. Judges at the Maryland State Fair agree and awarded the tefillin bag a place of honor in the Home Crafts exhibit. Needless to say, the design behind this work of art is none other than Pepita’s Tefillin Pinwheel with some color customization and personalization. Congratulations to awesomely talented customer Ellen for this worthy win and thanks a million for sending us a photo!
Today is National Puppy Day! The point is to adopt a puppy from a shelter and provide a loving home. Try adopting a needlepoint puppy design too. 25% off all puppy and dog needlepoint canvases today only. (I’m almost done stitching the puppy in the image above – I stitched with mohair and angora threads – it’s beautiful and realistic looking, and it doesn’t bark!)
March 15th is National Pears Hélène Day. This food holiday is about the delicious smooth french dessert combining warm poached pears, vanilla ice ream and chocolate sauce.
Over time, simpler versions of Pears Hélène have been modified by substituting poached pears with canned pears and the delicate crystallized violets have been replaced with sliced almonds. These modifications have made it easier for more cooks to prepare this must-have dessert.
25% off all Floral Design needlepoint canvases (that’s a lot of canvases) in honor of this fragrant flowery day.
National Floral Design Day is observed annually on February 28th. For thousands of years, floral design has been an important cultural art form. This is the day we celebrate that art form. It may be in a bouquet, a painting, in fabric, in a garden or a floral arrangement.
Floral design is a multi-billion dollar industry that brightens our lives on a daily basis.
As with many arts, floral design has traditional roots hearkening back to Egyptian temple offerings to gods. Design changed from era to era, each having distinct customs and traditions.
Dog owners celebrate Dog Biscuit Day by treating their dogs to a special dessert. We’re treating all dog lovers to 25% off all dog needlepoint canvases in honor of this day.
25% off president needlepoints in honor of this national holiday. Next year on Presidents’ Day, we will have the new nominee needlepoint on sale too. Which one is it going to be – now that’s the question!